Getting custom ringtones on the iPhone has always been a process that requires some amount of hardwork. Sure there are jailbreak and third party apps that will you help get custom ringtones on the iPhone for free rather than buying from iTunes. Continue Reading…
Screw those guys who said iTunes is the best music library manager out there. MediaMonkey is very much renowned for being the best media manager available today. This one’s for you music lovers!!
A lot of people have strongly rated MediaMonkey as the best music manager out there and its been downloaded nearly 3 million times on Download.com. Its got all the features that you’d expect to find in such softwares, but it is the advanced feature set that puts it light years ahead of the competition..
Here are some of the features of MediaMonkey
- Organize music and edit tags in your audio library with a powerful, intuitive interface.
- Automatically lookup and tag Album Art and other metadata.
- Manage 50,000+ files in your music collection without bogging down.
- Manage all genres of audio: Rock, Classical, Audiobooks, Comedy, Podcasts, etc.
- Play MP3s and other audio formats, and never again worry about varying volume.
- Record CDs and convert MP3s, M4A, OGG, FLAC and WMA files etc. into other formats.
- Create playlists and let Auto-DJ & Party Mode take care of your party.
- Sync iPhones, iPods, & MP3 players, converting & leveling tracks on-the-fly.
Today Last.fm decided to take wraps off its new design they’ve been working on since May. I was not a part of the beta but still at first glance the new design looks little different from the one we saw during the beta period. Looking through the Last.fm forums I found that the beta design was much criticized and the design that we see now is after tons of user feedback.
I was a Last.fm user for quite some time before I stopped using it for unknown reasons. In the past Last.fm always had a confusing navigational structure that for some reason never got you to what you wanted. Looks like Last.fm team has worked hard to resolve the navigational issues that plagued the old design and the new design is marked improvement over the older one.
Take a look at the screenshots yourself and you will see why the new design is much cleaner and more functional than the old design..
The New Design
photo credit: RossinaBossioB
Music sharing has been of the most common file sharing activities on the internet. There are many ways you could find the music you were looking for by using tools like Limewire, BitTorrent etc.. But most times nothing beats a Google search does it? Yes you heard that right.. Google may as well be your best friend if you are looking to find music freely on the Internet.
Just follow the instructions below, and you will be on your way to find the music that you otherwise won’t find on P2P networks. The hack simply involves the major search engines revealing their vast indexes to you so that you can find what you are looking for.
The much hyped Qtrax (read as disgusting) that released yesterday to much fanfare, had one of the most disastrous launches a product or a service could have probably asked for. The people behind Qtrax thought that it was Ok for a web company to lie to its user base. When I first read about Qtrax, my first thought was “hey this could probably take everyone by storm”. I put up a note on my To-Do list and made it a point to check them out once they launched.
But things didn’t work out the way they would have probably planned. Here’s a list of things that went wrong for them..
- They never had any deals signed with any of the Big 4 labels.
- Once the Site came alive, the download link to the software was disabled causing lot of anger for the people who were waiting to get their hands on the software.
- The 25million songs for free was just a catchphrase aptly described as vaporware, even after launch you have nothing that you could download and listen.
Seeing all the negative press surrounding their launch, I’d be surprised if they are able to pick themselves up after all this bungled up launch. If they can come back with a good return, this will be forgotten about. Right now they have got a lot more press than they probably would have had with another boring “another start-up launches yay!” post….. People’s memories are short about stuff like this (again assuming they come back with grace). Otherwise they are probably heading for the deadpool, unless they can pull of something magical.
Well for me they are just dead, and I expect something more promising in the near future. So shall we award Qtrax with the award for being the startup to end up in deadpool in the first week of its launch.