Well finally its decided! Mac OSX Leopard will indeed launch on October 26th as was predicted by a lot of people in the blogosphere. Well it will cost you a 129$ for a single user licence and 116$ for the student licence. And those of you who are looking to purchase Mac OSX Server Edition, then hang on because it releases on the same day i.e. 26th of October.
Well Leopard has been one of the most awaited Operating Systems of the year and its got over 300 new features compared to its predecessor that was Tiger. Well here are some of the major features that we will get to see in leopard.
- Quick Look, a new feature that lets you see the contents of a file without opening said file
- Stacks, a new way to access files from the Dock
- Time Machine backup
- Redesigned Finder that makes it easier to browse and share files between computers on your home network
- Updated Mail designs
- Improved parental controls
- Boot Camp exits beta
- Web Clip lets you save web content as Dashboard widgets
Honestly speaking, I believe that Leopard looks like it will be the most exciting release from Apple this year after the iPhone. See More about Leopard here.