Are you one of those people who own a Netbook or a computer that’s without a DVD Drive? Are you looking for a simple, fast way to install Windows7 or any other Operating System from Microsoft on your Netbook?
There seem to be guides all over the internet, that allow you to create your own Bootable Windows7 Installation on a Pen Drive. Whilst not overly complicated, these methods have enough of nonsense to scare the beginners away.
So read on to find out how you can install Windows7 on your computer using a USB Pen Drive, without all the pain of burning DVD’s etc’
Lets get started then, here are the requirements before we proceed :
- A Windows7 ISO Image (Any Version will do)
- UltraISO (It isn’t free, but the trial version is sufficient for this guide)
- A 4+ GB Pen Drive
Let’s begin then..
- Download and Install UltraISO (Free Trial)
- Plug in the pen drive into your PC, and backup everything that you need from the Pen Drive, because all the existing data will be wiped off the pen drive.
- Start UltraISO, navigate to File->Open and locate the ISO image of Windows 7 and open it.
- In the local tab located at the bottom left, select your USB Drive. (Double check to make sure this is the drive you want to make bootable)
- Now click Bootable->Write Disk Image from the Menu
- In the dialog box that appears, click Write to write the image onto the USB pen drive. (Optionally you can also check Verify, this will check the data written for any errors)
- Wait it for it to complete, and congratulations you’ve just created a bootable Windows7 Installation using USB Pen Drive.
- Restart your computer and press F2/F9 while booting up, to boot from the Pen Drive and proceed to install Windows7 just like you’d do otherwise using a DVD.
Want an even easier solution to install Windows7 using your USB Pen Drive. Go ahead and grab a copy of WinToFlash. Extract the contents of the Zip Archive and open WinToFlash.exe. You should now see a screen as shown..
Click the ‘Huge’ Windows Setup Transfer Wizard and you should now see something like this. Enter the appropriate details and bang you can create the bootable disk in less than a couple of simple steps.
Yes it really was that simple to create your own Windows7 Installation Pen Drive! Drop in your comments and let us know if this Hack Attack worked for you