What’s the most common thing that you do on your PC? I’m sure it has to be managing thousands of files on your computer. Managing files is something that most of us do on a daily basis. Be it organizing music, documents or finding that important presentation there are times when the default Windows Explorer can be downright irritating and a pain to use.
But if you are a power user, I’m sure by now you should be loathing upon Windows Explorer. For those of you who have grown sick of Windows Explorer, xplorer�� is the solution to many of your problems.
Once you’ve installed xplorer2 the first thing you will notice is the dual pane navigation system. Having a dual pane system (as shown in the screenshot above) means copying and moving files has become a lot more easier than it was with Windows Explorer.�� And if dual pane navigation isn’t enough for you then there is still tabbed navigation. I’m sure having a tabbed navigation will help you in performing complex directory management operations in a few clicks, compared to what it’d take you with Windows Explorer.
What’s the most irritating thing about Windows Explorer according to you? For more it has to be the process involved in creating a new folder. It takes a minimum of 3 clicks to create a new folder, which is a little too much. With xplorer2 it just takes a single click to create a new folder, and most importantly you can even assign a keyboard shortcut for it, something that the default Windows Explorer have.
Here are some of the stuff you will only find in the Pro version..
- Save and restore tabs
- Multi-column sort (using shift+column click)
- Individual folder settings
- Search for text in office and PDF documents using filters
- Search within archives, FTP, webfolders, and more
- Search for text using regular expressions
- Customizable info bars (status bar for each pane)
- Mini- and densely packed thumbnails
- Deep synchronization (including subfolders)
- Detect duplicate files & cleanup
- Robust background file transfers
- Color coding of filenames based upon a custom pattern (ex. by file extension)
- Keyboard (hotkey) customization
Well during the birthday celebrations of DailyApps we have 5 Pro Licenses of xplorer�� (valued at 29.95$ each) to giveaway to you guys. All you have to do is drop a comment below providing both your name and email address so that we can get in touch with you later.
We will be selecting the winners randomly using a random number generator. Here’s how we are going to give out the licenses for the giveaway of xplorer2.
- 1 Winner will be picked from Comment Number 1 through 5
- 2 Winners will be picked from Comment Number 6 through 20
- 2 Winners will be picked from Comment Numbers 20 through how many ever comments are there.
You can leave your entries till 28th July 11:00 PM Eastern Time’