Dubai may well be the City of dreams in the future. It continues to grow at a pace that surpasses the whole taken as a whole, and Dubai is building up onto its own mini universe. And combine that with an architecture, that is more like its from the next century only adds to the sheer beauty of Dubai.
The bridge that you are seeing in the picture above is going to be the world’s largest and tallest Arch bridge. Envisioned by the New York Architect Firm Fxfowle , it starts construction from next month. Here are some statistics of this amazing masterpiece of Engineering.
- It’s one mile long and 670 feet tall.
- It will have 12 lanes for traffic.
- It will cost 817 million dollars.
- The design has Sheikh Mohammed’s official stamp of approval.
- The bridge will carry more than 2,000 vehicles per hour in each direction.
- A metro line will run across the middle.
- Construction begins in March, with a slated completion date of 2012
This project surely looks to hot to ignore. I’m just beginning to wonder if this is the coming of tomorrow. I can’t wait to see this project become a reality. Here are some mockups of this project :