Everyday I get emails from small startups asking me how to manage time and reduce their expenses. Well I’m not into this startup thingy but I thought I’d do these guys a favor, so I went hunting for the best free time tracking software and stumbled upon actiTIME.
In a nutshell actiTIME is basically :
“A clear and simple way to register time expenses, analyze employee performance, prepare timesheets for billing your customers”
I’ve tried out the demo and the web based app is highly functional and easy to use. You can collect timesheets by customers, projects and tasks. With awesome reporting capabilities and one of the best exporting options actiTIME is a must have tool for startups that are just starting out..
Have a look at this diagram that better illustrates the way actiTIME works..
Here’s a rundown into its features :
- Time expenses are recorded on by-customer and by-project basis
- Overtime and undertime calculations and reports
- Co-workers can share information using daily task comments
- Support of billable and non-billable task statuses
- Explicit reports for billing and management purposes
- Individual access rights management
- Entering/Modifying the time-track of other users
- Integration with Intuit QuickBooks��
- Data export in the CSV format
Because actiTIME doesn’t lock you in with the data like many other apps in this category do, it is championing the cause of Data Portability albeit in a different sense. Features like Quickbooks Integration are killer, since it is one of the most popular accounting softwares used worldwide.
I won’t go into the details into how this works, just head over to the actiTIME website and experience the demo to see it for yourself..
Considering that all this comes at the best price in the world, FREE! actiTIME is a must have tool for young startups that are still learning the tricks