Google recently updated the mobile version of Google Reader. The New version works very well with iPhone and other smartphones. The good news is that even if you don’t have an iPhone you can enjoy the mobile version of Google Reader from your Firefox Sidebar.
Like other web apps that are designed for the iPhone interface, Google Reader fits very well in Firefox (and other browsers) sidebar.
Looks nice isn’t it? Adding one to your own Firefox is simple. Just follow these steps..
- Open the Bookmarks Manager (Bookmarks/Organize Bookmarks)
- If you are using Firefox 2, then in the File menu select New bookmark and in Firefox 3, press Organize in the toolbar and select New bookmark
- Enter a name, http://www.google.com/reader/i/ for location, and ensure to check Load this bookmark in the sidebar.
- Press Save Changes and now you can select the bookmark to load Google Reader in the sidebar.
Here are some more services which work very well with Firefox Sidebar. To use any of these follow the instruction as above, and just replace the location URL when required.
- Facebook Chat, use the location as http://www.facebook.com/presence/popout.php
- Netvibes Mobile, use the location as http://iphone.netvibes.com/
- Zoho Mobile, use the location as http://mini.zoho.com/
- Facebook for iPhone, use the location as http://iphone.facebook.com/
Know about some more cool services that work well in the Firefox sidebar. Drop in your comments so that everyone can know about it..