Mr. GEOrge HOTz did it again. He’s discovered an exploit that will allow you to unlock your brand new iPhone, thats factory fresh with the latest 1.1.3 firmware and the 4.6 bootloader. Unlocking your iPhone isn’t all that difficult, but I’d suggest you wait for more refined releases in the future.
But if you are one of those who’ve been waiting forever for this unlock to come out. If you can’t wait any longer, then read on and follow the instructions below to unlock your iPhone in just about 15 minutes or so.
P.S : I Take no responsibility if something goes wrong for you, whatever you do is at your own risk.
Alright then, here are the steps that you need to follow. Hang on there, it isn’t all that difficult for sure, and I can assure the result of this is gonna be very sweet.
Make sure you grab a cup pf coffee, to give you company while you do the impossible
- Downgrade your iPhone to firmware 1.1.1. Jailbreak and Oktoprep to 1.1.2.
- Once you have your Jailbroken 1.1.2 iPhone, you should probably have the phone features rendered useless.
- Open Installer.app and install OpenSSH and vt-100 on your iPhone (Under System).
- Connect via WiFi to your iPhone via WinSCP.
- Copy all the files (gunlock, ICE04.02.13_G.fls and secpac) to /usr/bin.
- Set permissions of gunlock to 0755 in WinSCP
- Put iPhone in Airplane mode (IMPORTANT!)
- Execute the following commands in Terminal:
- Restart iPhone.
- Now you should have a fully functional iPhone with firmware 1.1.2.
- Now Upgrade your iPhone to firmware 1.1.3 Using this method. Please don’t upgrade using iTunes.
- Voila! You Now have a fully unlocked iPhone with firmware 1.1.3.
launchctl unload -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
./gunlock secpack ICE04.02.13_G.fls
launchctl load -w /System/Library/LaunchDaemons/com.apple.CommCenter.plist
Hmm wasn’t that easy. It takes less than 15minutes if you get things right straightaway, but your mileage may vary. The only problem currently is that, Google Maps location feature doesn’t work. Other than you have a fully functional iPhone.